Baked Feta Pasta from TikTok
This baked Feta Pasta has become famous on TikTok, and, after seeing it continuously reappear on my feed, I knew that I needed to make it. It is an easy, fuss-free dish, full of flavor that everyone in the family will love. Although this is a great meal for during the week when you are rushed for time, it is so delicious and presents itself so beautifully it would be a great dish to serve guests too. You could even add chicken, garlic bread, and a side salad to create a meal. Because this recipe has become so popular, it was a struggle for me to find a block of feta cheese to use, but there are plenty of variations and ways to add your own twist by using other types of cheese and spices! The brick of feta is the preferred way and what I used in the recipe below. #bakedfetapasta
First you will need to gather your ingredients
Tomatoes- Cherry or grape tomatoes work best, for their small size means they pack the most flavor.
1 block of feta- A block of cheese is preferred because it will melt evenly.
Pasta of your choice- Bow tie pasta is what the recipe called for, but I used whatever I had in the pantry, which was fusilli.
2 garlic cloves- They are supposed to be finely chopped, but you can use minced garlic, as well.
A handful of basil leaves
How to Make Baked Feta pasta
Set the oven to 400°F.
1. Using an oven safe baking dish, toss the tomatoes in olive oil. Add salt and pepper, and be sure to coat the tomatoes evenly.
2. Add a full block of feta cheese to the center of the baking dish. Add a touch more olive oil on top of the block of feta, and add a little more salt and pepper.
3. Bake it in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then turn the oven up to 450°F, and bake it for another 10 minutes.
4. While this is baking, you can boil your pasta according to the directions on the box. Once it is fully cooked, strain the noodles and set the pasta aside. I recommend saving about half a cup of the pasta water just in case you need to make the sauce less thick.
5. As soon as the tomato/feta dish comes out of the oven, add fresh minced garlic and fresh basil leaves.
6. Mix it around in the baking dish, so that the garlic can soften from the heat.
7. Add in your cooked pasta and mix it all together. The melted feta, roasted tomatoes, and oil will essentially create your pasta sauce.
Use the freshest ingredients you can find to bring out the flavors of this dish! I highly recommend fresh cherry tomatoes (not canned), fresh basil leaves, and fresh garlic.
This is a meal that I will definitely be making again! I am thinking it will be perfect for the Valentine's Day dinner menu I am creating for our friends. Let me know if you make it, and tag me on my Instagram, where I will share some of your creations. Happy cooking!